Raising Boys provides Australian parents with information, tips and tricks to raising confident, happy young men. It focuses on each stage of a boy’s development, discussing the issues that matter most to your sons, including relationships and education. Raising Boys is also a forum for parents to chat to others about how to tackle issues which arise in the everyday lives of growing boys.
With tablets, phones, lap tops, internet TVs and game consoles overtaking our boys’ lives, parents continue to question how to monitor use of these diverse and ever-changing technologies in age-appropriate ways for their children. Most parents are eager for their children to develop a keen understanding of digital devices and online landscapes. More than 90 per cent of parents surveyed by the Office of Children’s eSafety Commissioner said they saw great benefits to digital use by children, including helping with schoolwork, development of research skills, entertainment and development of vital skills in technology use. On the flipside, parents also spend a lot of time worrying about potential risks to their children online – whether they are perceived or real risks Click here to continue reading.
- Digital use is ok - with limits
- Young boys' electronic media use impacts health: new study
- Parents' posts shape child's digital identity
- Carr-Gregg urges change for mental health
- Mental health worries grow for teens
- Is your son talking to you?
- Taking risk vital in child's play
- Finding the right part-time job for teens