Raising Boys provides Australian parents with information, tips and tricks to raising confident, happy young men. It focuses on each stage of a boy’s development, discussing the issues that matter most to your sons, including relationships and education. Raising Boys is also a forum for parents to chat to others about how to tackle issues which arise in the everyday lives of growing boys.
In recent years, there has been a concerted effort to protect children from failure in order to safeguard their fragile self-esteem. This seems logical – failure is unpleasant. It tends to make you look bad, you have negative feelings of disappointment and frustration, and you often have to start again. While this is logical, it actually has the opposite effect. Children and adolescents in Australia appear less able to cope than ever before. The problem is, in our efforts to protect children, we take valuable opportunities for learning away from them. Failure provides benefits that cannot be gained any other way. Failure is a gift disguised as a bad experience. Failure is not the absence of success, but the experience Click here to continue reading.
- Building resilience - it's ok for boys to fail
- Shared reading - the words are just the beginning
- The ‘Fortnite’ battle
- Teen viewers need chat about 13 Reasons Why
- Exam tips beyond the textbooks
- Celebrating mums and sons this Mothers' Day
- Biddulph's 21st Century tips to raising boys
- Building healthy eating habits in boys