Raising Boys provides Australian parents with information, tips and tricks to raising confident, happy young men. It focuses on each stage of a boy’s development, discussing the issues that matter most to your sons, including relationships and education. Raising Boys is also a forum for parents to chat to others about how to tackle issues which arise in the everyday lives of growing boys.
Young people are more enthusiastic about reading today and they are reaping the benefits associated with reading for enjoyment. Nearly 60 per cent of more than 42,000 8-18 year olds surveyed by the UK’s National Literacy Trust for its 2016 Annual Literacy Survey said they enjoyed reading “very much” or “quite a lot”. General levels of reading for enjoyment have increased in the annual survey since 2005 with a 15 per cent increase in recent years. National Literacy Trust director Jonathan Douglas said it was great to see young people reading for entertainment, interest and enjoyment. “We are thrilled that our research has found children’s enjoyment of reading to be at an all-time high,” Mr Douglas said. “When children enjoy Click here to continue reading.
- Reading for fun is more than a story
- Dads urged to break silence
- Phone use at bedtime impacts more than sleep
- Boys lag in self-regulating skills in early years: new study
- Fathers' workloads continue to impact kids
- Being left out is more than just child's play
- Boys vulnerable to body image pressures
- Youth need voice on own mental health: study