Raising Boys provides Australian parents with information, tips and tricks to raising confident, happy young men. It focuses on each stage of a boy’s development, discussing the issues that matter most to your sons, including relationships and education. Raising Boys is also a forum for parents to chat to others about how to tackle issues which arise in the everyday lives of growing boys.
Lying to stay out of trouble, to not worry their parents or to protect a friend – every boy has the ability and does, to varying degrees, lie about parts of his life to his mum and dad. And parents are not oblivious to this – given boys start to gain the understanding they can make up lies from about age three, by the time they hit early teenage years and beyond they can be very skilled at skewing the truth to hide the reality from loved ones. Some parents can struggle with understanding why their son may want to or feel like he needs to lie to his parents who only want the best for him. Yet, like in Click here to continue reading.
- Dealing with lying
- Families connect at the dinner table
- One question for mums of boys
- Starting school - tips to ease the transition
- Boys' reading gap - is it in the testing?
- Digital use is ok - with limits
- Young boys' electronic media use impacts health: new study
- Parents' posts shape child's digital identity