Raising Boys provides Australian parents with information, tips and tricks to raising confident, happy young men. It focuses on each stage of a boy’s development, discussing the issues that matter most to your sons, including relationships and education. Raising Boys is also a forum for parents to chat to others about how to tackle issues which arise in the everyday lives of growing boys.
The dinner table is more than just a battleground over the last meatball in the dish, a place where picky eaters struggle to get through their final few peas, or where hungry teens devour enough food to keep them full for the week – it is a place families can get together at the end of every day and chat over a meal, debate, question and talk about their lives – connect with one another away from technology and other distractions. Young boys are bombarded with constant access to updates, news and social media posts throughout any given day. Boys need to know there is a place for them to retreat from this constant input from their phones, tablets etc Click here to continue reading.
- Families connect at the dinner table
- One question for mums of boys
- Starting school - tips to ease the transition
- Boys' reading gap - is it in the testing?
- Digital use is ok - with limits
- Young boys' electronic media use impacts health: new study
- Parents' posts shape child's digital identity
- Carr-Gregg urges change for mental health