Raising Boys provides Australian parents with information, tips and tricks to raising confident, happy young men. It focuses on each stage of a boy’s development, discussing the issues that matter most to your sons, including relationships and education. Raising Boys is also a forum for parents to chat to others about how to tackle issues which arise in the everyday lives of growing boys.
In an online world where reputable and not so reputable websites and social media platforms vie for user attention and time, teaching boys how to decipher between real and fake news has never been so important. Boys are brought up to learn through play, using make believe and their amazing imaginations to think up ways to entertain themselves; from taking on pirates on the high seas, to having ninja battles against enemy teddies and cushions. As boys age they start to become more aware of what is real and pretend in their lives – moving away from the world of imaginative play and more into the world around them, including the digital landscape. Without growing understanding of websites and social Click here to continue reading.
- Helping boys navigate the world of fake news
- Building resilience - it's ok for boys to fail
- Shared reading - the words are just the beginning
- The ‘Fortnite’ battle
- Teen viewers need chat about 13 Reasons Why
- Exam tips beyond the textbooks
- Celebrating mums and sons this Mothers' Day
- Biddulph's 21st Century tips to raising boys