Raising Boys provides Australian parents with information, tips and tricks to raising confident, happy young men. It focuses on each stage of a boy’s development, discussing the issues that matter most to your sons, including relationships and education. Raising Boys is also a forum for parents to chat to others about how to tackle issues which arise in the everyday lives of growing boys.
Is your son typing messages while you are trying to have a conversation with him? Are you telling him to get his homework done as you scroll through the latest Facebook newsfeed? With parents complaining their teens are spending too much time on their phones and teens saying mum and dad are “just as bad” – what can parents do to reduce the “technoference” in family life and find that healthy balance between screen time and real time? University of Calgary and Waterloo researchers may have some answers. In the article Technoference: a habit parents should ditch in 2019, the research team noted parents spend about 3.5 hours per day using internet-connected devices, whereas teens were averaging not much less Click here to continue reading.
- Be an Upstander
- Tips to reduce technoference in family time
- Oxford research suggests screen use has little effect on teen mental health
- Teenagers - it's time to get moving
- Reading the same book over and over again
- Six things you can do to get boys reading more
- A reminder to ask boys the question R U OK?
- Five easy ways to boost children’s spatial skills