Raising Boys provides Australian parents with information, tips and tricks to raising confident, happy young men. It focuses on each stage of a boy’s development, discussing the issues that matter most to your sons, including relationships and education. Raising Boys is also a forum for parents to chat to others about how to tackle issues which arise in the everyday lives of growing boys.
Bullying can take boys to the edge, gripped by emotional scars that parents may not be able to see. It can have devastating consequences, when children or teens feel they have limited ability to get passed the continuous, unrelenting pressure and abuse being bullied may entail. There has been a number of positive anti-bullying programs take shape over recent years, paving the way for kids to “look out” for one another and take on the mantra “bullying, no way!” Former Olympian and world champion swimmer Ian Thorpe has taken to Australian television in his own effort to confront bullying among students in Queensland schools. Thorpe says he was bullied by some of his teachers when he returned to his south Click here to continue reading.
- New ABC show confronts bullying
- Risky teen behaviour is more than brain wiring
- Is technology destroying boys' ability to develop empathy?
- Is your smartphone making you shy?
- Dealing with lying
- Families connect at the dinner table
- One question for mums of boys
- Starting school - tips to ease the transition