Raising Boys provides Australian parents with information, tips and tricks to raising confident, happy young men. It focuses on each stage of a boy’s development, discussing the issues that matter most to your sons, including relationships and education. Raising Boys is also a forum for parents to chat to others about how to tackle issues which arise in the everyday lives of growing boys.
The hot topic on most parents’ minds these days is finding the digital balance for their kids. No matter what age their children are – from toddlers to teens – parents continue to grapple with finding a healthy balance between screens and switching off. Researchers from the Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne have called on the government to update national guidelines for child screen usage, with new research from the Australian Child Health Poll finding current guidelines do not equate to usage needs of children and the changing face of digital technologies. Research lead author and pediatrician Dr Anthea Rhodes said guidelines for screen use in children were last updated in 2014 and new recommendations may help parents set realistic rules Click here to continue reading.
- Digital balance needs a realistic rethink
- Bullying hits academic achievement of boys
- Spotafriend - social media "friend" app or more?
- Engaging boys in learning
- Video games play on attention: review
- Reading for fun is more than a story
- Dads urged to break silence
- Phone use at bedtime impacts more than sleep