Raising Boys provides Australian parents with information, tips and tricks to raising confident, happy young men. It focuses on each stage of a boy’s development, discussing the issues that matter most to your sons, including relationships and education. Raising Boys is also a forum for parents to chat to others about how to tackle issues which arise in the everyday lives of growing boys.
One simple question is all it takes to start a conversation which could change a boy’s life. R U OK? Day is tomorrow, and Australians are being encouraged to remember to check in with friends, family or colleagues. The annual event has many aims, including highlighting the importance of dealing with mental health issues, breaking stigma attached to mental health and building networks of support in communities to assist those who need help. Though it may be a simple question in theory, asking someone you think may have some underlying mental health issues can be confronting and daunting to face the reality of helping them deal with the situation, listening to their thoughts and feelings, and finding necessary help for Click here to continue reading.
- A reminder to ask boys the question R U OK?
- Five easy ways to boost children’s spatial skills
- Helping boys navigate the world of fake news
- Building resilience - it's ok for boys to fail
- Shared reading - the words are just the beginning
- The ‘Fortnite’ battle
- Teen viewers need chat about 13 Reasons Why
- Exam tips beyond the textbooks