Raising Boys provides Australian parents with information, tips and tricks to raising confident, happy young men. It focuses on each stage of a boy’s development, discussing the issues that matter most to your sons, including relationships and education. Raising Boys is also a forum for parents to chat to others about how to tackle issues which arise in the everyday lives of growing boys.
Learning a musical instrument, the art of DJ’ing or singing in a choir – music learning can have a significant impact on many areas of a boy’s learning. Music training can have benefits to language and maths learning, social capabilities, perseverance and coordination skills, to name a few. There have been numerous studies into the benefits of music training for children, most finding the act of learning music can have obvious impact on a child’s brain function. Music learning engages the left side of the brain, an area also responsible for language learning. Researchers from North Western University in the US also found it was never too late to start reaping the benefit of music learning, in their 2015 study Click here to continue reading.
- Music learning brings boys on song
- Why teens can make bad decisions
- Back to school blues: overcoming shyness
- Learning to build a positive digital footprint
- Study habits for success: tips for students
- Boredom busters can include a little learning
- Balancing the scales of social media use - good vs bad
- Kids digital usage limits need rethinking