Raising Boys provides Australian parents with information, tips and tricks to raising confident, happy young men. It focuses on each stage of a boy’s development, discussing the issues that matter most to your sons, including relationships and education. Raising Boys is also a forum for parents to chat to others about how to tackle issues which arise in the everyday lives of growing boys.
Most boys love to eat and when growth spurts are about to hit they manage to ingest seemingly endless supplies of food – but are they getting the right foods and key messages and skills to help them develop healthy eating habits? A recent study from the University of Adelaide found Australian children watching free-to-air television are being inundated with junk food advertising on a daily basis. The study, which digitally compiled advertising data from one Adelaide television channel over the course of 2016 (recording 30,000 hours – including 500 hours of advertising), found children were subjected to nearly two and half times more junk food advertising than healthy food at peak child viewing times. University of Adelaide Associate Professor Click here to continue reading.
- Building healthy eating habits in boys
- Making the most of reading with kids
- Exercise benefits the brain and body
- Music learning brings boys on song
- Why teens can make bad decisions
- Back to school blues: overcoming shyness
- Learning to build a positive digital footprint
- Study habits for success: tips for students