Raising Boys provides Australian parents with information, tips and tricks to raising confident, happy young men. It focuses on each stage of a boy’s development, discussing the issues that matter most to your sons, including relationships and education. Raising Boys is also a forum for parents to chat to others about how to tackle issues which arise in the everyday lives of growing boys.
Promoting a positive sense of self and body image to adolescent boys in a world that sends so many messages about the “perfect body” can be a difficult task. The way a boy perceives he looks influences his day-to-day life, from his levels of self-confidence to his self-esteem and self-respect. Many boys do not have any problems facing the mirror and being happy with the image staring back at them, understanding their body is their own and accepting any perceived imperfections – looking to their strengths rather than weaknesses. However, some boys grapple with the image in the mirror, struggling to find positives in the reflection they are faced with. There has been a rise in the levels of reported Click here to continue reading.
- Boys' perception: finding a healthy body image
- Act tough: research reveals pressure on young men
- Inactive teens risk lower bone strength
- New ABC show confronts bullying
- Risky teen behaviour is more than brain wiring
- Is technology destroying boys' ability to develop empathy?
- Is your smartphone making you shy?
- Dealing with lying